Our Goals

Our Goals
1. To eat fresh and local.
2. To increase our intake of fruits and vegetables in a healthy way.
3. To expand our culinary skills and recipe repertoire.
4. To save money!
5. Introduce Owen to food using the Baby Led Solids approach.
6. To enjoy this experience and share with you each week.
Jessica and Brian have been married 5 years. Our son, Owen came along this past August (12 weeks premature). I would describe us as a pretty normal family, down to earth, fun, loving, mostly mainstream with a side of crunchy. We love eat therefore we are willing to cook!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Week 1 Bounty

I pick up my share each Wednesday. Choices were Wednesday or Saturday. Since I am currently a stay at home mom, I thought Wednesday would be the better choice. My plan is to pick up my share, assess what I have and plan meals around it. Ideally I can shop for the fill ins on Thursday or Friday and do a majority of cooking when Brian is home on the weekends. Then we have easy weekday left overs until we do it all over again.

This week I received: collard greens, kale, peas, strawberries, romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce, zucchini, summer squash, and kohlrabi.

No comments:

Post a Comment